Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby Shower - Children's Books

Before April ends I thought I would look at a couple more shower themes. I have a few friends that are having babies in the fall and thought it would be fun to look at some ideas for their showers. One of the biggest reasons I started thinking about this was an adorable theme I found on the Hostess With the Mostess blog @ http://blog.hwtm.com/


This shower's theme is children's books! How cute it that? I still love children's books myself, and thought this idea was genius. You could go so many directions with this shower theme. You can pick any books you want and make it gender friendly or gender neutral.


One of the first things that caught my eye was how easy this cake would be. It's stacked sheet cakes with the names of the books. They used fondant to make some of the critters and characters from the books they chose. It's such a cute, inexpensive, fun, easy cake!


They stuck with finger foods, and matched them to books. This is such a unique and cute idea. They kept with the book theme on the tables as well. Decorating each table to go along with the book that was at that particular table.


The second website I found with this theme was @ http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/a-bookish-baby-shower-117730 . They did these adorable cupcakes that would also be a cute and inexpensive dessert. I don't love games at showers, but I do love trivia. This shower's game had sentences that described children's books. The guests had to figure which children's book was being described. More fun than the usual shower games :)


This last shower I found @ http://www.aestheticnest.com/2011/01/party-golden-books-baby-shower.html was perhaps my favorite. I love Golden Books and I also loved the vintage and modern look that this shower's decor combined. These cupcakes are yet another inexpensive, but adorable dessert idea. Plus, the website provides the printables for the cupcake toppers and the cupcake wrappers!


Another great idea from this shower was inviting the guests to bring a book for the baby. They could pick up the above sticker (printable provided at website) and personalize the book. This is such a great idea! It allows the child to have a book collection started, as well as, being able to see the who the book is from. Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment